Sing Like a Star Studios offers Voice Lessons for all ages and experience levels from professional singers to beginners, Songwriting, Piano and Guitar, Lessons for Children, Studio Recording, and Performance Opportunities. We offer a Lessons for Less program with our highly qualified and trained Sing Like a Star Associate Teachers and a very unique Little Stars program for younger singers ages 3-8. You can take lessons from anywhere in the world with our Online Lessons.
The first step to getting started with any of our classes is to register for a no-obligation GETTING TO KNOW YOU introductory session with the teacher of your choice. Students who are highly motivated or are interested in becoming professional singers should invest in lessons with studio owner and Master Teacher Tricia Grey, MM. Students with financial constraints or who are exploring singing for fun will enjoy lessons with our SLaS Associate Teachers.
QUESTIONS? Please email our Sing Like a Star support team at firstname.lastname@example.org; call our support team at 404-790-1830 Monday-Friday, 10-6 pm EST. Download: INFORMATION AND FAQ. This document will answer any questions you have about lessons at Sing Like a Star Studios, LLC
Can’t Afford Lessons with Master Teacher Tricia Grey? Study with our highly skilled and certified Sing Like a Star Associate Teachers!
Our Sing Like a Star Associate Teachers have university degrees along with extensive professional singing and performing experience. Sing Like a Star Associates go through a rigorous training and certification program in order to teach the SLaS method. Teachers are accountable; they must pass yearly testing and maintain their ongoing private study with studio owner Tricia Grey, MM, in order to teach at Sing like a Star Studios.
Why are our SLaS Associate Teachers so successful at what they do? The difference is the SLaS vocal method. Many voice lessons are presented with vague, undefined objectives and little feedback, resulting in very little real improvement. These ineffective lessons typically consist of a random “warm-up” followed by a song with little or no specific skill building.
We have a better approach: The Eight Steps of Vocal Development, based on the textbook You Can Sing Like a Star! by studio owner Tricia Grey, MM. This is a logical, goal-driven, objective based approach that develops skills sequentially. You can ask your SLaS Associate Teacher at any time about your progress and you will get an informed answer related to the educational objectives of The Eight Steps of Vocal Development. You will know exactly how you are progressing and what the next goal is with the Sing Like a Star method, a method that is based on the educational model of defined and specific objectives and measurable outcomes.
Our goals are to eliminate the break in your voice, make your high notes stronger, and to develop power, flexibility, and musical skills such as vibrato and dynamics. You will learn how to sing in the styles you love- rock, blues, R & B, gospel, country, rock, jazz or musical theater. And you will get the chance to perform and try out your new vocal skills in our twice-yearly Sing Like a Star Singers’ Showcases!
By studying with our educated, experienced, and highly trained SLaS Associate Teachers you are getting the full benefit of the Sing Like a Star vocal method at a fraction of the cost! Utilizing an Associate Teacher from Sing Like a Star Studios is perfect for beginning students of all ages. It’s never too soon or too late to get started with good vocal habits! We provide unique and age-appropriate instruction for children.
You can also learn piano, guitar, and songwriting, artist development, performance skills and choreography, from our SLaS Associate Teachers. Many students book hour-long lessons once a week, dividing the time between voice, piano or guitar, and songwriting.
AND, you can record a demo or your next hit song in our recording studio!
At Sing Like a Star studios we develop the full artist!
At $25 per half hour for these highly qualified and experienced teachers who are bringing you a world-class vocal technique, you won’t find a better deal than this anywhere!
LESSONS FOR LESS- RATES for SLaS ASSOCIATE TEACHERS
The SLaS Associate Teachers offers an initial half hour GETTING TO KNOW YOU (GTKY) introductory session for $25. After that, lessons are pre-paid monthly by automatic debit, on the first day of the month
- 30 minutes/ 4 weeks: $100
- 45 minutes/ 4 weeks: $150
- 60 minutes/ 4 weeks: $200
- All lessons are pre-paid monthly through our very secure online automatic debit system. We do not take cash, checks, or any other form of payment at the lesson; we want to use our time with you to focus on your voice!
- Rates for 5-week months will be higher.
OPTIONS FOR STUDY with SLaS ASSOCIATE TEACHERS
- You have the option of taking in-person lessons with SLaS Associate Teachers at either of our two convenient studio locations
- Studio 1: SLaS East Cobb- 1000 Johnson Ferry Road, The Crossing Center, Suite B-200, Marietta GA 30068: Just OTP, Windy Hill exit from I-75 North, exit 5-B from I 400. Associates are available 7 days a week until 9 pm.
- Studio 2: SLaS North in Alpharetta- 365 Brady Place, (at Main Street), Alpharetta GA 30009: Haynes Bridge Exit 9 from I- 400 North. Associates are available 7 days a week until 9 pm.
- Or, you can take online voice lessons through your computer or mobile device (i-phone, i-pad, i-pod touch, Android, other smart phone) any day of the week.
- Internet voice lessons are just like in-person lessons- but you don’t have to drive! They are very effective and convenient if you do not live in the Atlanta area- or even if you live locally but prefer not to drive. What a great stress and time saver! All you need is a computer or mobile device (smart phone, i-pad or i-pod touch) with video capability and wi-fi connection and you are set! A video/audio recording of your lesson is sent to you after the lesson.
- You can even take lessons with a speakerphone if your internet connection is not great. Or, download the Cisco Webex Meetings app to your phone and have a lesson through 3-G, 4-G or LTE.
MEET OUR WONDERFUL SLAS ASSOCIATE TEACHERS!
Tricia Grey and the SLaS Associate Teachers
- STEPHANIE LLOYD, BFA Stephanie is a fabulous singer with years of experience as a professional performer in both pop and musical theatre. She has a BFA from Elon University in Music Theatre. Besides being an amazing voice teacher, Stephanie also teaches guitar and dance. Stephanie is an international performer in both musical theatre and... …Read Full Bio »
Carolyn Florence, BA: VOICE, PIANO, SONGWRITING, MUSIC THEORY, SPECIALIZES IN YOUNG CHILDREN AND MUSICAL THEATRECarolyn Florence, BA teaches: voice (all styles, specializing in musical theatre and young singers), piano, songwriting. Carolyn has over 25 years' experience teaching voice and piano to students of all ages. Her background in early education gave her the teaching skills to meet students of all ages and levels of skill development. She has owned …Read Full Bio »
- Lewis teaches: Voice (R & B, Gospel, Rock, Country, Pop, Riffs and Runs), piano, sight-reading, studio recording and songwriting. If you like R & B or Gospel, and love to riff, Lewis is your man. Need a demo? Now you can learn to sing, write your own song, and record it at SLaS! Lewis loves …Read Full Bio »
Elaine Drennon Little, BA, MFA, M.Ed: VOICE, PIANO, SONGWRITING. SPECIALIZES IN YOUNG CHILDREN AGES 3-8Elaine Drennon Little teaches voice, piano, songwriting, music theory, and specializes in young students ages 3-8. As a 28-year public school music teacher, she taught elementary general music and middle school chorus and spent her last eleven years in high school chorus and drama. She has a B.S. in Music Education from Georgia Southwestern University, …Read Full Bio »
- Carol is our performance coach, working with students to perfect their moves and performance skills for our twice-yearly showcases. She also coaches students on movement for auditions and other performances.Read Full Bio »
TO GET STARTED WITH THIS TRANSFORMATIONAL VOCAL TECHNIQUE
1. Download and read:INFORMATION AND FAQ
This document answers all your questions about lessons at SLaS.
2. Register and pay for a GETTING TO KNOW YOU (GTKY) introductory session with the teacher of your choice. Read about the teachers by clicking one of the links below:
*Choose Master Teacher Tricia Grey, MM (if you are a student of any age who is highly motivated or considering becoming a professional singer) or an SLaS Associate Teacher (if you have financial constraints or are just exploring singing for fun).
At the Getting to Know You (GTKY) Introductory Session, your teacher will evaluate your voice, find a spot in their regular weekly schedule, and reserve your first month of sessions (if you decide you want to commit to the lessons).
The purpose of the GETTING TO KNOW YOU (GTKY) introductory session is…
for your SLaS instructor to:
1. Professionally evaluate your voice and share with you our plan to address your unique vocal challenges with the SLaS Eight Steps of Vocal Development Program.
2. Provide you with a sample of what the SLaS lesson experience is like.
3. Give you the opportunity to commit to regular weekly lessons in the teacher’s schedule if you would like to do so.
And for you to:
1. Receive a professional evaluation of your voice, your current level of vocal technique, and a specific plan to address vocal challenges.
2. Discuss your musical and career goals with us and receive feedback about how we can help you achieve them.
2. Reserve a weekly lesson time in your SLaS instructor’s schedule and prepay for your first month of sessions, (if you decide you would like to commit to the lessons).
TO REGISTER FOR YOUR GETTING TO KNOW YOU (GTKY) INTRODUCTORY SESSION
1. Choose the location that is best for you: East Cobb, Alpharetta, or Online (or a combination of these!).
*Students who are highly motivated, pre-professional, or who think they might wish to become professional singers should invest in lessons with Tricia Grey, MM.
*Students of all ages who are exploring, taking singing lessons for fun, or who have financial constraints will love lessons with the SLaS Associate Teachers.
*we provide unique and age-appropriate instruction for children
*Students who also wish to include guitar, piano, songwriting, or studio recording should select the SLaS Instructor who offers these options.
After the GTKY, lessons are pre-paid monthly by automatic debit on the first day of the month, using the credit or debit card you registered for the GTKY with; we do not accept cash or checks at the lesson because we want to focus on your voice!
We use MINDBODY payment processing. MINDBODY is a PCI Compliant Level 1 Service Provider. Both SLaS and MINDBODY, our merchant account service provider, meet all network and software requirements set in place by the Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Rest assured: your payment information is completely secure with us.
Students take a minimum of one lesson per week, at the same time every week.
3. Register and pay for your GETTING TO KNOW YOU (GTKY) Introductory Session.
*While we prefer that you register on our very secure online system using a debit or credit card, if you are uncomfortable providing that info before meeting us, you may register (for the GTKY introductory lesson only) with Paypal. All lessons after the introductory Getting to Know You session (GTKY) are pre-paid monthly, on the first day of the month, using your debit or credit card.
Please email our Sing Like a Star support team at email@example.com, or call our support team at 404-790-1830 if you need assistance.
4. Confirm your GTKY by phone and by email.
Once you have submitted the online registration form and submitted payment to reserve the session, our support staff will contact you by phone within 24-48 hours with a proposed time for your GETTING TO KNOW YOU introductory session.
PHONE: Our staff will speak with you on the phone, to match your requested time with the closest available time in the teacher’s schedule. Since we are very booked, your first-choice teacher may not be available at your requested time. Our support staff will find an alternate time with the first-choice SLaS teacher or book you with another SLaS teacher who is available at your requested time. All our teachers are highly skilled.
EMAIL: Our support staff will send you a confirmation email with details and links to the location. Please respond to this email with “confirmed”. Check your spam/bulk mail folder for your confirmation email.
PHONE: You will receive a second call from our support staff a day or two before the GTKY introductory session, to go over policies and answer any questions you may have.
If you need to contact us immediately please phone 404-790-1830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Read your emails!
We will be sending you informational emails about locations, how to do lessons online, practicing, and other important information. You will need to confirm your GTKY time by email.
For all questions about lessons at SLaS please visit this page: LINKS TO REVIEW BEFORE BOOKING
We look forward to helping you Sing Stronger…Sing Higher…and Sing like a Star!