At Sing Like a Star Studios we offer many classes including: Voice Lessons, Songwriting, Piano and Guitar, Lessons for Children, Studio Recording, and Performance Opportunities. We offer a Lessons for Less program with our highly qualified and trained Sing Like a Star Associate Teachers and a very unique Little Stars program for younger singers ages 3-8. The first step to getting started with any of our classes is to register for a no-obligation GETTING TO KNOW YOU intro lesson with the teacher of your choice.
QUESTIONS? Please email our Sing Like a Star support team at firstname.lastname@example.org; call our support team at 404-790-1830 Monday-Friday, 10-6 pm EST; or leave your email and phone number by clicking the instant chat button on the right side of the website; we will get back to you during normal business hours. The instant chat is in place to guide you through the registration process; questions about vocal technique and repertoire cannot be answered by our instant chat staff.
Download: INFORMATION AND FAQ
CLICK HERE to register for a no-obligation GETTING TO KNOW YOU online intro lesson with the teacher of your choice!
IMAGINE- the convenience of learning this world-class vocal technique from the comfort of your home! Online voice lessons are fun, convenient, and easy!
Many students from all over the world as well as those who live in the local Atlanta area are discovering the fun of ONLINE VOICE LESSONS. Local Atlanta students utilize this option a couple of times per month in combination with in-person lessons to save driving time or when traveling. By utilizing an online vocal coach you will be able to take professional voice lessons from the comfort of your own home, from your hotel when traveling, or from anywhere in the world! You don’t even need reliable internet to take lessons through your phone with our Webex system, which can operate on Wi-Fi, 3G/4G, and LTE.
Sing like a Star’s online singing lessons bring our professional expertise to students in any location around the world. Remote singing lessons have recently gained popularity due to advances in technology. Singers all over the globe study from home or when traveling using a computer or a smart phone, (i-phone, Blackberry, or Android) an i-pad, or an i-pod touch.
HERE’S HOW EASY IT IS TO LEARN TO SING WITH ONLINE VOICE LESSONS!
At Sing Like a Star we have upgraded from Skype and Facetime, which were not always reliable, to a much better platform called Webex. Webex is a professional product used by NASA and many other high level organizations. You, the client, don’t have to join anything or purchase anything to take online lessons through your computer- you will simply receive an email from Cisco Webex Meetings containing a “meeting number”. You click on the link in the email, enter the number, and “join the meeting” (or voice lesson in our case).
During our first session there will be a quick setup, which you will be guided through when you join the first meeting. It’s not hard. You could also choose to go to their website and download the software ahead of time. During the lesson you will see your teacher on the screen as well as yourself. This is a valuable teaching tool; when reviewing the lesson, you will have audio and video. It’s almost like being there in person- and the quality of the audio recording is very good.
You will find Webex much more reliable and efficient than Skype or Facetime because calls are not dropped. AND you don’t have to worry about recording your lesson; we will send you a link after the session by email that will allow you to download your lesson so you can practice.
Many local students actually prefer the online voice lessons option! You can’t beat the convenience and time-saving factor of not having to drive. And the fact that you can both see AND hear yourself on the lesson recording is very helpful for practicing!
You can also use Webex with your smart phone (i-phone, Blackberry, Android), your computer, your i-pad, or i-pod touch. All mobile devices require a separate app that you must purchase from either i-tunes, (i-pad, i-pod touch, i-phone) or Amazon (Android, Blackberry). If you purchase the smart phone app and your internet is down, you can still take the lesson! Webex offers integrated VoIP audio and web conferencing on Wi-Fi, 3G/4G, and LTE.
In today’s fast-paced and over-scheduled world, you don’t ever have to miss a voice lesson with the convenience of Webex!
RATES FOR ONLINE DISTANCE LESSONS WITH MASTER TEACHER AND STUDIO OWNER TRICIA GREY, MM
Tricia offers a no-obligation half hour GETTING TO KNOW YOU intro lesson for $65. Click here to register for your GETTING TO KNOW YOU online intro lesson!
RATES FOR ONLINE DISTANCE LESSONS WITH SING LIKE A STAR ASSOCIATE TEACHERS
SLaS Associate Teachers offer a no-obligation half hour GETTING TO KNOW YOU intro lesson for $25.
Click here to register for your GETTING TO KNOW YOU online intro lesson!
TO GET STARTED WITH ONLINE DISTANCE VOICE LESSONS:
1. Register for your GETTING TO KNOW YOU intro lesson with the SLaS teacher of your choice.
2. Download and read
3. Download and sign the POLICY AGREEMENT . Scan and email it to: email@example.com.
4. Read the Lessons by Webex email and all the other information you will be sent. Read the blogs and watch the videos.
5. Confirm your GETTING TO KNOW YOU intro lesson by replying to the CONSULTATION CONFIRMATION email: “confirmed”. All times are Eastern Standard Time.
If the proposed time is not good for you, reply “not confirmed” to the consultation confirmation email. You will be contacted by our support staff to discuss another option. We will be offering you the first available time on your preferred day; however we are usually quite booked and your preferred time slot may not be available.
6. Download the software: You can go on the Webex site ahead of time if you want to download the software before we meet. www.webex.com. Their tech support is really good. Or, you can just wait until we start the meeting and do it then- it doesn’t take long. If you are doing this with an i-pad or phone we would definitely suggest calling them ahead of time and getting it set up.
7. Look for your meeting email from Cisco Webex Meetings. It contains a link and a number. Save that email. Click on the link and enter the meeting number when it is time for the consultation to begin. Then click on “join by computer” to enable the audio. Click on the little camera icon under the screen to enable your video.
8. When it is time for the consultation to begin we will start the meeting. Please do not start a meeting. Wait for the gray “join” button to turn green; that will indicate that we are starting the meeting. Then click “join”.
9. You need to wear earbuds or headphones with all devices to avoid feedback and for the best sound quality on your recording.
To learn more: Subscribe to the Vocal Tips blogs! Tricia Grey, MM, writes informative blogs about singing, the science of the voice, and everything you need to know to succeed in the music business.
We look forward to helping YOU Sing-Higher-Sing Stronger- and Sing like a Star!