To be accepted into the studio, you must first register for a professional evaluation and consultation with us. Click here to register for your CONSULTATION AND VOCAL EVALUATION. This is an introductory session where you will meet with Tricia Grey, MM, to have your singing or songwriting professionally evaluated, discuss your goals, and find a regular weekly spot in the schedule.
Online voice lessons are fun, convenient, and easy!
Many students who live in the Atlanta area are utilizing this option a couple of times per month along with “in person” lessons for the convenience factor. By utilizing an online vocal coach you will be able to take professional voice lessons within the comfort of your own home.
Sing like a Star’s distance learning allows for our professional expertise to be available to students in any location. Remote singing lessons have recently gained popularity due to advances in technology. Students all over the world study with us using a webcam and iChat or Skype, or a speakerphone. Many of these students are finding this to be the best option to fit their budget, schedule, and location.
HERE’S HOW EASY IT IS TO LEARN TO SING USING SKYPE, i-CHAT, OR SPEAKERPHONE!
Here’s How It Works:
1. You register for a consultation/evaluation session with Tricia where you will meet via skype or ichat, prepay for your lessons and set up a lesson schedule. (The rates are the same as for “in person” lessons). Download the
Fill out the REGISTRATION FORM and mail it to: Tricia Grey 320 High Meadow Drive, Marietta, GA 30068.
2. If you are on Skype, Tricia’s contact is triciagrey1. If you use iChat, Tricia’s buddy name is firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Add her as a contact (skype) or buddy (ichat) before the lesson time.
3. Send a “contact request” (skype). At the appointed lesson time ring Tricia by clicking on the camera icon.
5. You will see Tricia, AND yourself on the screen when taking the lesson by webcam. This is a very valuable teaching tool; when reviewing the lesson, you will be able to see what you are doing, not just hear it!
6. Although there may be some degree of latency (sound delay) when using the webcam method, many students get used to this very quickly and actually prefer the “distance learning” option for the convenience factor, and the fact that you can see yourself on the playback. Using headphones helps tremendously.
7. For speakerphone lessons, call the studio at the appointed time. If you have an iphone you can use the FACETIME function- it’s almost like being there in person! Many cell phones offer Skype. With all this great technology, you can take lessons from anywhere!
8. All studio policies regarding payment and missed lessons apply to distance lessons.
There is a $25 fee for the initial consultation.
* Though we offer every other week lessons, the best results are obtained by a commitment to regular weekly lessons, along with daily practice of at least 30 minutes.