Many students from all over the world as well as those who live in the local Atlanta area are discovering the fun of ONLINE VOICE LESSONS. Local Atlanta students utilize this option a couple of times per month in combination with in-person lessons to save driving time or when traveling. By utilizing an online vocal coach you will be able to take professional voice lessons from the comfort of your own home, from your hotel when traveling, or from anywhere in the world!
Sing like a Star’s online singing lessons enable our professional expertise to be available to students in any location around the world. Remote singing lessons have recently gained popularity due to advances in technology. Singers all over the globe study from home or when traveling using a computer or a smart phone, (i-phone, Blackberry, or Android) an i-pad, or an i-pod touch.
It’s very simple for the client: there is nothing you need to buy if you are using a computer. If you use a mobile device, you have to go to itunes or Amazon and get the Cisco Webex app. You will receive an email with a link, Click on the link, type in the meeting number and “join the meeting” (voice lesson in our case). After the lesson you will get another email with another link. Click on that one to download your recorded video/audio lesson!
If you don’t live in the Atlanta area, you can take voice lessons online!
IMAGINE– the convenience of learning this world-class vocal technique from the comfort of your home! Online voice lessons are fun, convenient, and easy!
Many students from all over the world as well as those who live in the local Atlanta area are discovering the fun of online voice lessons. Many of our local Atlanta students utilize this option a couple of times per month in combination with in-person lessons to save driving time or when traveling. By utilizing the online distance training method with Sing Like a Star, will be able to take professional voice lessons from the comfort of your own home, from your hotel when traveling, or from anywhere in the world!
Sing like a Star’s online singing lessons provide professional expertise to students in any location using a computer or smart phone, (i-phone, Blackberry, or Android) an i-pad, or an i-pod touch.
ONLINE VOICE LESSONS ARE CONVENIENT AND EASY!
At Sing Like a Star we have upgraded from Skype and Facetime, which were not always reliable and did not record the lessons, to a much better platform called Webex. Webex is a professional product used by NASA and many other high level organizations. You, the client, don’t have to join anything or purchase anything to take online lessons through your computer- you will simply receive an email from Cisco Webex Meetings containing a “meeting number”. You click on the link in the email, enter the number, and “join the meeting” (or voice lesson in our case).
During our first session there will be a quick setup, which you will be guided through when you join the first meeting. During the lesson you will see your teacher on the screen as well as yourself. This is a valuable teaching tool; when reviewing the lesson, you will have both audio and video. It’s almost like being there in person- and the quality of the audio recording is very good. With Webex, you don’t have to worry about recording your lesson; we will send you a link after the session by email that will allow you to download your lesson so you can practice.
Many local students actually prefer the online voice lessons option! You can’t beat the convenience and time-saving factor of not having to drive. And the fact that you can both see AND hear yourself on the lesson recording is very helpful for practicing!
In today’s fast-paced and over-scheduled world, you don’t ever have to miss a voice lesson with the convenience of Online Distance Lessons with Sing Like a Star!
RATES FOR ONLINE DISTANCE LESSONS with MASTER TEACHER TRICIA GREY, MM
Students of any age who are pre-professional or who would like to become professional singers should invest in vocal study with studio owner and Master Teacher Tricia Grey, MM.
Tricia offers an initial half hour GETTING TO KNOW YOU (GTKY) online introductory session for $40. After that, lessons are pre-paid monthly by automatic debit, on the first day of the month.
• 30 minutes/ 4 weeks: $260
• 45 minutes/ 4 weeks: $390
• 60 minutes/ 4 weeks: $520
Tricia occasionally offers the option of every-other-week lessons to adult students only; priority in scheduling is given to students who commit to weekly lessons.
• 30 minutes/ 4 week month: $150
• 45 minutes/ 4 week month: $250
• h60 minutes/ 4 week month: $300
All lessons are pre-paid monthly through our very secure online automatic debit system. We do not take cash, checks, or any other form of payment at the lesson; we want to use our time with you to focus on your voice!
Rates for 5-week months will be higher.
RATES FOR ONLINE DISTANCE LESSONS with the SLaS ASSOCIATE TEACHERS
The SLaS Associate Teachers offer an initial half hour GETTING TO KNOW YOU (GTKY) online introductory session for $25. After that, lessons are pre-paid monthly by automatic debit, on the first day of the month.
• 30 minutes/ 4 weeks: $100
• 45 minutes/ 4 weeks: $150
• 60 minutes/ 4 weeks: $200
• All lessons are pre-paid monthly through our very secure online automatic debit system. We do not take cash, checks, or any other form of payment at the lesson; we want to use our time with you to focus on your voice!
• Rates for 5-week months will be higher.
Please email our Sing Like a Star support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our support team at 404-790-1830 Monday-Friday, 10-6 pm EST.
TO GET STARTED WITH THIS TRANSFORMATIONAL VOCAL TECHNIQUE
1. Download and read: INFORMATION AND FAQ
This document answers all your questions about lessons at SLaS.
2. Register and pay for a GETTING TO KNOW YOU (GTKY) introductory session with the teacher of your choice. Read about the teachers by clicking one of the links below:
*Choose Master Teacher Tricia Grey, MM (if you are a student of any age who is highly motivated or considering becoming a professional singer) or an SLaS Associate Teacher (if you have financial constraints or are just exploring singing for fun).
At the Getting to Know You (GTKY) Introductory Session, your teacher will evaluate your voice, find a spot in their regular weekly schedule, and reserve your first month of sessions (if you decide you want to commit to the lessons).
The purpose of the GETTING TO KNOW YOU (GTKY) introductory session is…
for your SLaS instructor to:
1. Professionally evaluate your voice and share with you our plan to address your unique vocal challenges with the SLaS Eight Steps of Vocal Development Program.
2. Provide you with a sample of what the SLaS lesson experience is like.
3. Give you the opportunity to commit to regular weekly lessons in the teacher’s schedule if you would like to do so.
And for you to:
1. Receive a professional evaluation of your voice, your current level of vocal technique, and a specific plan to address vocal challenges.
2. Discuss your musical and career goals with us and receive feedback about how we can help you achieve them.
2. Reserve a weekly lesson time in your SLaS instructor’s schedule and prepay for your first month of sessions, (if you decide you would like to commit to the lessons).
TO REGISTER FOR YOUR GETTING TO KNOW YOU (GTKY) INTRODUCTORY SESSION
1. Choose the location that is best for you: Online
*Students who are highly motivated, pre-professional, or who think they might wish to become professional singers should invest in lessons with Tricia Grey, MM.
*Students of all ages who are exploring, taking singing lessons for fun, or who have financial constraints will love lessons with the SLaS Associate Teachers.
*Students from ages 3-8 should work with SLaS Associate Teacher Elaine Drennon Little, MFA, MEd, in our LITTLE STARS program.
*Students who also wish to include guitar, piano, songwriting, or studio recording should select the SLaS Instructor who offers these options.
After the GTKY, lessons are pre-paid monthly by automatic debit on the first day of the month, using the credit or debit card you registered for the GTKY with; we do not accept cash or checks at the lesson because we want to focus on your voice!
We use MINDBODY payment processing. MINDBODY is a PCI Compliant Level 1 Service Provider. Both SLaS and MINDBODY, our merchant account service provider, meet all network and software requirements set in place by the Payment Card Industry’s Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Rest assured: your payment information is completely secure with us.
Students take a minimum of one lesson per week, at the same time every week.
*While we prefer that you register on our very secure online system using a debit or credit card, if you are uncomfortable providing that info before meeting us, you may register (for the GTKY introductory lesson only) with Paypal. All lessons after the introductory Getting to Know You session (GTKY) are pre-paid monthly, on the first day of the month, using your debit or credit card. PAY with PAYPAL (INTRO SESSION ONLY)
Please email our Sing Like a Star support team at email@example.com, or call our support team at 404-790-1830 if you need assistance.
4. Confirm your GTKY by phone and by email.
Once you have submitted the online registration form and submitted payment to reserve the session, our support staff will contact you by phone within 24-48 hours with a proposed time for your GETTING TO KNOW YOU introductory session.
PHONE: Our staff will speak with you on the phone, to match your requested time with the closest available time in the teacher’s schedule. Since we are very booked, your first-choice teacher may not be available at your requested time. Our support staff will find an alternate time with the first-choice SLaS teacher or book you with another SLaS teacher who is available at your requested time. All our teachers are highly skilled.
EMAIL: Our support staff will send you a confirmation email with details and links to the location. Please respond to this email with “confirmed”. Check your spam/bulk mail folder for your confirmation email.
PHONE: You will receive a second call from our support staff a day or two before the GTKY introductory session, to go over policies and answer any questions you may have.
If you need to contact us immediately please phone 404-790-1830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Read your emails!
We will be sending you informational emails about locations, how to do lessons online, practicing, and other important information. You will need to confirm your GTKY time by email.
FOR DISTANCE LESSONS:
1. Download and sign the POLICY AGREEMENT that will be sent to you via email. Scan and email it to: email@example.com.
2. Read the Lessons by Webex email we will send you, which explains how to set up Webex.
3. Confirm your GETTING TO KNOW YOU (GTKY) introductory session by replying to the CONFIRMATION email: “confirmed”. Lessons are scheduled by Eastern Standard Time, not your local time. If the proposed time is not good for you, reply “not confirmed” to the consultation confirmation email. You will be contacted by our support staff to discuss another option. We will be offering you the first available time on your preferred day; however we are usually quite booked and your preferred time slot may not be available.
4. Download the software: You can go on the Webex site (www.webex.com) ahead of time if you want to download the software before we meet. Their tech support is really good. Or, you can just wait until we start the meeting and do it then- it doesn’t take long. If you are doing this with an i-pad or phone we would definitely suggest calling them ahead of time and getting it set up.
5. Look for your meeting email from Cisco Webex Meetings. It contains a link and a number. Save that email. Click on the link and enter the meeting number when it is time for the consultation to begin. Then click on “join by computer” to enable the audio. Click on the little camera icon under the screen to enable your video.
6. When it is time for the consultation to begin we will start the meeting. You will click the green “join” button.
7. You need to wear earbuds or headphones with all devices to avoid feedback and for the best sound quality on your recording.
8. Once you start lessons your teacher will send you a link to the recorded lesson within 24 hours.
We have had students take webex lessons on an ipad or smart phone from a moving car, from a fishing boat, from a restroom while on tour, from hotel rooms, from the parking lot at Starbucks (best wi-fi ever!)…..etc, etc, etc. Anywhere you can get wi-fi, you can take a lesson!
For all questions about lessons at SLaS please visit this page: LINKS TO REVIEW BEFORE BOOKING
We look forward to helping you Sing Stronger…Sing Higher…and Sing like a Star!