LEARN TO WRITE SONGS WITH AN INDUSTRY PROFESSIONAL!
Learn to write hit songs like an industry professional! Songwriting is a very marketable skill in today’s music industry- ask Taylor Swift!
Studio founder Tricia Grey, MM enjoyed a lengthy career as a professional singer/songwriter in Los Angeles, CA before moving to Atlanta. For over 20 years she toured, recorded, and wrote songs in some of LA’s most famous recording studios, working with many of the top names in the music business. She maintains her connections with professionals in the music scene in Los Angeles, Nashville, and New York, and she gladly refers qualified students.
Why not study with a teacher who has a proven track record in the music industry as a professional singer/songwriter!
Tricia Grey MM, has developed a quick and easy approach to songwriting that will have you creating your own songs in no time-even if you do not currently play an instrument. Starting with learning to play chord progressions on the piano, you will then learn to create melodies to go with those progressions, and lyrics that are commercial for today’s music styles. Then you will learn how to record your song in the studio.
Many people have the idea that if they write some words to a “beat” provided by someone else, that constitutes songwriting. But songwriting is so much more than that. There are many spokes to the songwriting wheel. Songs are comprised of words (lyrics), chords (harmony), tune (melody), rhythm (beat), and song structure (how you deal with verses, choruses, bridges, etc). All of these are equally important in learning to become a good songwriter.
There are a few rules about songwriting that can really improve the quality of your writing. For example: choruses should differ from verses in every way- melodically, harmonically and lyrically. Another important element to good songwriting is song structure- where you put the chorus, verse, and bridge of your song. What is popular as far as song structure changes over time- you have to stay current with the trends that are happening now instead of trying to imitate what was popular from the trends of the past.
Learning how to write great “hooks” and where to use them can also make a huge difference as to whether your song becomes commercially successful or not.
At Sing Like a Star we will teach you how to address every aspect of songwriting- how to “drive home the hook”, how to write great titles, how to play and accompany yourself and create chord progressions that go with your melodies, how to improve your lyric writing and polish your song so it will be competitive in today’s market.
Songwriting is very fulfilling and creative and it is something that is almost a requirement in today’s music world. Very few artists today are signed on their voices alone- those who are getting record label interest bring much more to the table in terms of being able to write their own songs.
Even if you have never played an instrument you can learn to write your own songs at Sing Like a Star! And learning to play an instrument, such as piano or guitar, will make you a better singer- it will improve your musicianship skills like intonation, rhythm, phrasing, and style.
Here are some samples of Tricia Grey’s songs:
- Right Now – 3:50 – Listen to Sample
- Heartbeat to Heartbeat – 3:31 – Listen to Sample
- Testify – 4:05 – Listen to Sample
- Steppingstones – 4:33 – Listen to Sample
- Forgiveness – 4:06 – Listen to Sample
- Better Days – 3:49 – Listen to Sample
- Shine – 3:54 – Listen to Sample
- It’s All Good – 2:59 – Listen to Sample
- Speak Love 4:58 – Listen to Sample
- Heart Full of Grace – 3:49 – Listen to Sample
- In This Place – 4:08 – Listen to Sample
“Right Now”, the new CD by Tricia Grey, will move you to laughter, to tears, and will inspire you to get up and dance! With an exhilarating combination of positive, uplifting and inspirational lyrics set to jazz, blues, gospel, rock, and world beat music, this album will appeal to all lovers of good music. Unique and soulful lead and background vocals make this album a harmonic delight to listen to. Tricia is thrilled to be writing about subjects that will empower and inspire her listeners. Her songwriting speaks to life’s lessons learned, in a way that touches your heart. And she knows how to rock, too!
All songs written by Tricia Grey, ASCAP. For bookings, please contact Tricia at firstname.lastname@example.orgDeveloping your songwriting skills at Sing Like a Star could well be your entrance into a career in music.
OPTIONS FOR STUDY
- You have the option of taking in-person guitar or piano lessons at our convenient studio location
600 Houze Way, Roswell, GA 30076
- Or, you can take online lessons through your computer or mobile device (i-phone, i-pad, i-pod touch, Android) any day of the week.
- Online voice lessons with Zoom are just as effective as in-person lessons- but you don’t have to drive! We have been teaching Zoom lessons around the world for many years, so we are experts at making the experience very much like being there in person! What a great stress and time saver, and so convenient!
1. Download and read: INFORMATION AND FAQ . This document answers all your questions about lessons at SLaS.
2. Register for a Professional Evaluation where we can meet with you either in-person at our Roswell, GA location or online with Zoom to assess your playing skills and find a spot for you in our schedule.
QUESTIONS? Please email our Sing Like a Star support team at email@example.com; call our support team at 404-790-1830 Monday-Friday, 10 am-6 pm EST